CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Meatless Monday: Kale and Grapefruit Salad

I wanted to make a nice salad with my freshly picked kale.  I also had some yummy grapefruit that I needed to use up.  I thought they would make an excellent pairing in a salad.  This was a nice and refreshing salad for the warm weather we were having.  It also was great for a Meatless Monday meal!  I also love how kale keeps well as leftovers even after the salad is already dressed.  Bonus!  I was able to take my leftovers to work the next day without it being a soggy mess.  Bring on more kale!

There wasn't really a recipe for this salad.  I threw in things I already had at home.  I made a grapefruit/dijon mustard vinaigrette for the kale and poured the dressing on and made sure I tossed them well.  I let it sit for about 15 minutes to wilt a bit while I segmented the grapefruit.  I added some candied pecans and shaved parmesan cheese to the salad too.  It was delicious!


2 comments:

Rowena said...

Yum! I would never have thought of the grapefruit/kale combo. Kale rocks!

~TastyTravels~ said...

Thanks Rowena! You should try it! I agree, kale rocks!! =)