CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 22, 2017

Harvest Monday 5/22/17

My spring garden has been thriving in the cool weather.  I have my brassica covered with row covers to keep pests off.  I've had issues with cabbage moths and cabbage worms in the past.  I'd rather not have to hand pick those creepers so prevention is key here.  

It was a beautiful weekend here in the Pacific Northwest.  Yesterday I was able to pick a basketful of kale.  They're perfect (and bug free!!)!
  

The weather is finicky.  It went from wonderful 80's to 90 today!  Yikes!!  But as you can see from our unpredictable weather, it's supposed to cool down again by Wednesday and will bring rain.  Smmmehh.  Welcome to spring in the Pacific Northwest.



This week's harvest totals:
- Kale: 0.53 lb

Happy Harvesting!

3 comments:

norma chang said...

We had the same finicky weather you had, plants are confused, I am sure.

Dave @ OurHappyAcres said...

That kale is lovely, and the leaves do look perfect! The weather is back and forth here too, and it's cool again today after being quite warm last week.

Karrie Jablonowski said...

Your kale looks amazing! I have to harvest the rest of mine soon. It's getting too warm here now for it.