CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 6, 2017

Farmer's Market 5/6/17

Today was the first day of summer hours at the Beaverton Farmer's Market.  That means on Saturdays, the market is now open from 8:00 am - 1:30 pm.  I thought it was a great time to check out the spring produce.  I also heard that there would be some early strawberries so of course I couldn't pass that up!

There were beautiful displays of the spring bounty - onions, leeks, radishes, greens, and rhubarb. 


One of my favorite spring finds are these delicious and gorgeous fresh asparagus spears from Alex Farm in Wapato, WA.  I always buy them when they're offered.  These delicious spears were just picked fresh from the Yakima Valley.    


My search was a success today as I found the organic strawberries from Denison Farms from Corvallis, OR.  Denison managed to outsmart mother nature by growing these beauties under covers.  Most other farms are about 2-3 weeks behind their growing season due to the cold and WET winter we've had this year.  



1 comments:

Rowena said...

Sooooo gorgeous! I'm anticipating the summer market when we go to France (Provence) next month. The last time we were there, we came home with a bunch of Cavaillon melons - they were divine!