CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2014

Harvest Monday: August 18, 2014

August is pumping out more fresh garden veggies!  I'm loving the constant array of beautiful colors produced from the garden bounty.  

This week saw a few more green beans, never ending Shishito peppers, my first Lemon cucumber of the season and an array of tomatoes.  I picked a handful of cherry tomatoes every other day, a couple of Japanese black trifle tomatoes and a mix of Roma and San Marzano paste tomatoes.
I also harvested a few Ichiban eggplant, a handful of cilantro and a cucumber.
Later in the week, I harvested a large amount of Thai basil that was starting to flower.   While they're pretty, I still want my plant to produce leaves so I picked them.  These went into a delicious Vietnamese Chicken Pho pot luck we had at work this past weekend.  Yum!

Happy Harvest!!  Be sure to stop by Daphne's Dandelions to see what others have been harvesting around the world!

This week's totals:
- eggplant = 1.03 lb
- cucumber = 0.49 lb
- cilantro = 0.08 lb
- Shishito peppers = 0.46 lb
- green beans = 0.16 lb
- San Marzano tomatoes = 0.53 lb
- Japanese black trifle tomatoes = 0.52 lb
- Roma tomatoes = 0.05 lb
- Lemon cucumber = 0.1 lb
- Cherry tomatoes = 0.41 lb
- Thai basil = 0.36 lb


5 comments:

Jennifer Thompson said...

Beautiful harvests! I've heard really good things about Ichiban eggplant.

Margaret said...

Your harvests look fantastic. I really must add those Shishito peppers to my list - I keep hearing about them everywhere & how prolific the plants are.

Mac said...

Nice varied harvest, can't get enough of those shishito peppers.

Daphne Gould said...

Lovely harvests. Your never ending peppers must be like my cucumbers. They won't stop even when you want them to.

Rowena said...

I know I've said it before so I will say it again....if we move to the states, it's gonna be Oregon!!! So floored by your gorgeous harvest!