CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Summer Solstice 2014

Summer solstice is the longest day of the year.  We lucked out and it was also a beautiful day in Oregon.  As I was sitting on the back deck enjoying this fine evening I was greeted by one of the hummingbirds that frequent my feeders.  This feeder is located off the back deck.  He was a little upset that I was sitting out next to "his" feeder.

He zoomed in for a closer look as I snapped this photo.

The feeder was already in the shade so I apologize for these dark photos.  You can kind of make out the hummingbird's silhouette as he zooms in to give me the hairy eyeball.  

He finally decided I was harmless as he settled in for a drink.


They're such beautiful and entertaining creatures.  Happy Summer Solstice!!

0 comments: