CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Late start to the Summer Garden

I'm back....

Yes I know it's been a while since I last posted.  I'm not sure what happened this year but the garden season kinda slipped away from me.  I didn't plant anything from seed this year.  All my starts were bought from the nursery.

But I'm pretty proud I planted all of these!!  These were all planted out on June 7th.  I forgot to take photos but these photos were snapped on June 14th (1 week after planting).  Just to recap, I have icky clay soil so all of this year's garden have gone into raised beds or containers.

Delicata Squash

Spinach, Lacinato Kale, Outredgeous Romaine Lettuce and Bright Lights Swiss Chard

Sweet 100 Cherry Tomato, Green Zebra Tomato with Thai Basil and Sun Gold Cherry Tomato

Tomato Row (1st tub=Japanese Black Trifle with Lemon Basil,  2nd tub=Roma)

San Marzano Tomato with Sweet Basil and Tomatilos

Colorful Hanging Basket

Snapdragons (volunteer plants)

Peppers (2 Shishito and a Little Bells)

Zucchini

Front: French Filet Green Beans and Back: Cucumbers

Ichiban eggplant

Golden Beets

Lacinato Kale

2 comments:

Rowena said...

I love that you're back, and I look forward to more posts on the garden. My soil is the same as yours, but coupled with our colder mountain climate, it's double the work to get anything out of it.

~Holly~ said...

Rowena: Thanks!! I've been a huge slacker!! Seems you're battling some of the same difficulties I have but kudos to you for sticking too it with the mountain climate!!