CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2014

Harvest Monday: June 23 and June 30, 2014

I'm always so amazed at how quickly greens grow in the spring/summer garden.  I harvested some baby greens last week as well as a few sprigs of basil.  This is a late posting of those baby harvests.  



It's only been 2 weeks since I planted out these transplants, yet they've taken off.  I've already gotten a harvest out of these guys.  This week it's been Olympia Spinach and Outredgeous Red Romaine Lettuce.  The spinach will be great for my smoothie and the lettuce will provide salads for the week.


Happy Harvest!!

Linking up to Daphne's Harvest Monday at Daphne's Dandelions.  Be sure to visit her site to see what other gardens have been harvesting this week!


Last week's totals (7/23/14):
  - basil = 0.06 lb
  - lettuce = 0.21 lb

This week's totals (7/30/14):
  - spinach = 0.31 lb
  - lettuce = 0.72 lb

5 comments:

Margaret said...

The lettuce looks wonderful. I am especially envious of the gorgeous spinach - I've been trying to grow another batch since spring without much success (so far!).

Tossing Dirt said...

Greens look great! Sadly we didn't have any this spring but have a good fall planting just started.

Mac said...

Nice harvest, so glad you're back to gardening again.

Thomas Generazio said...

Looks great! You're right - things do seem to explode into growth this time of year.

Rowena said...

I need some of your sun and temps! We're going through a weird rainy/cool-ish period with occasional sunny days and I am just sick of it. The slugs totally demolished my first set of basil plants, so I need to replant nursery starts and make sure to sprinkle some slug killer (supposedly organic but why is it neon blue?) around them.