Monday, August 26, 2013
Saturday, August 24, 2013
This past week I went to one of my favorite steak houses. Dinner here is on the pricey side but believe me it's worth it. They're known for their steaks. I've never had a bad steak here. They're always cooked perfectly.
This time I got the Dry-cured Baseball Cut Top Sirloin. Once again it was cooked perfectly and was very tasty!!
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Oven Roasted Red Peppers
6 peppers = 2 pints
Recipes Courtesy of Ina Garden at Food Network
4) Let the peppers rest for about 30 minutes until cooled. Once cool, remove the stems from each of the peppers. Remove the peels from the peppers (the more charred they are, the easier they are to remove the skins). Slice each pepper in half and remove all the seeds. Slice peppers further into fourths or however thin you want them (I like the big pieces).
5) Place your peppers in a mason jar (or other container) and pour good olive oil over the peppers. Keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
**Note that the olive oil may solidify in the refrigerator. Just allow the jars to come to room temperature before using or scrape the solids off the peppers.**
Monday, August 19, 2013
- Chocolate Cherry Tomato: 2.08 lb
- Cherry Tomatoes: 2.55 lb
- Green Zebra: 0.31 lb
Monday, August 12, 2013
This week's totals:
- Tomato (volunteers): 0.65 lb
- Tomato (cherry): 1.23 lb
- Plums: 0.82 lb
- Peppers (Shishito): 0.42 lb
- Tomato (Green Zebra): 0.08 lb