CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 21, 2013

Restaurant Ramblings: Shake Shack (Queens, New York, NY)

I've heard about Shake Shack before.  Supposedly they make yummy burgers.  I haven't been to New York in ages.  I happened to have a layover at JFK on my trip to Italy.  It was a long layover (3 1/2 hours).  I knew there was a Shake Shack in the JFK airport.  I was suddenly a woman on a mission!!
Alas, I was in luck.  My gate was in Terminal 4.  I found Shake Shack not far from my gate (near gate 36).  Score!!  Decisions decisions.  They have a variety of burgers and hotdogs as well as sides and shakes.   
I tried the Single Shackburger (cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato and ShackSauce) for $5.50.  I also had a large 50/50 to drink (half lemonade and half iced tea) for $3.25.   
The prices were steep but no more than to be expected at the airport.  The burger was delicious but on the small side.  I loved the Shakesauce!  I don't fly through JFK very often but the next time I do, I'll be sure to visit Shake Shack again!



Shake Shack
JFK Airport, Terminal 4, Gate 36
Queens, New York, NY 11430

1 comments:

the red headed traveler said...

I've yet to make it to Shake Shack but with a brother who lives in New York and parents in Philly where I believe there is now a location, it's talked about all the time :)

Hope you had a good trip in Italia and look forward to pictures and posts!