CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 26, 2013

Harvest Monday 8/26/13

This week the cherry tomatoes keep coming.  Some of my main season tomatoes have also been ripening.  Luckily though, there have been more than just tomatoes this week!  Earlier in the week I picked this bowl of gems.  Most of these were given away to good homes.

More Shishito peppers and some eggplant were also picked this week. 

This weekend I picked another large bowl full of cherry tomatoes.  Whew!  Some of these were given to good homes and some were used for a Balsamic Marinated Bruschetta for the nurses that I work with.  Recipe to follow.

My cucumber plant didn't fare well this summer.  I did get one cucumber off of it thus far.  A few more main season tomatoes like Green Zebra and Brandywine.


Happy Harvest!!


This week's totals:
Eggplant = 0.7 lb
Shishito Peppers = 0.92 lb
Cucumber = 0.26 lb
Tomatoes: 
  - Black Noir = 0.15 lb
  - Brandywine = 1.52 lb
  - Green Zebra = 0.8 lb
  - Chocolate Cherry = 2.42 lb
  - Cherry Tomatoes = 4.08 lb
  - Volunteers = 0.48 lb



2 comments:

Bacon said...

Your shishito peppers look great. They are a really popular appetizer in many restaurants right now. I am hoping to grow them next year if I can find some seeds.

liveintheyard.blogspot.ca

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

how do the chocolate cherries taste? I want to try them next year!