CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 26, 2013

New Vitamix and an Kale Apple Blueberry and Blackberry Smoothie

My blender finally bit the dust.  I'm sad because I really liked that blender.  There goes the summer smoothies....

Luckily it was my birthday earlier this month and I decided what the heck, I'm gonna buy myself a Vitamix blender.  I haven't joined the trend till now mostly because I had a good blender and the Vitamix is soooo expensive.  Like mucho buckaroo expensive.  My friend sold me on it's versatility.  You can make soups (and it heats it up), grind spices, knead dough....it's an all purpose machine!  Happy Belated Birthday to Me!!    


One of the first things I made was a smoothie.  During the summers I drink one every morning for breakfast.  I include Greek yogurt for a boost of protein.  Here's one made with a little bit of this and a little bit of that.  Measurements are approximations.  I basically threw things in - no measuring.


Kale Apple Blueberry and Blackberry Smoothie
Makes about 2-3 glasses

1 large apple, cored
4-5 leaves of kale, fibrous stem removed
1 c. blueberries
1 c. blackberries (frozen)
4 Tbsp. Greek vanilla yogurt
1 c. coconut water

0 comments: