CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 6, 2013

Harvest Monday 5/6/13

This weekend we had amazing weather.  Highs have been in the low to mid-80's.  On Wednesday night, we had a frost warning.  Temperatures dipped to 32 degrees overnight.  Luckily all my plants survived the freeze.  

This week in the garden I picked more greens.  My overwintered Swiss chard plants are starting to bolt.  I picked most of the leaves but haven't had the heart to pull the plants yet.  They'll likely have to go next week.  

I planted my first crop of spinach in between my broccoli plants and they've given me a lot of spinach thus far, however they are quickly being squeezed out by the now fast growing broccoli.  This maybe one of my last harvests until I can plant more spinach.
I also picked more leave lettuce.  I love this Merlot variety.  It's very pretty!!
















Happy Harvest!!

This week's totals:
  - Spinach = 0.19 lb
  - Swiss Chard = 2.98 lb
  - Lettuce = 0.57 lb

0 comments: