CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 1, 2013

Spa Day for the Seedlings

We had a gorgeous weekend here in Portland.  The high soared to 77 degrees on both Saturday and Sunday.  Unfortunately, I missed most of it being that I had to work (10 hour shifts).  I did enjoy the tail end of a beautiful day on Sunday from the patio of a local pub with a group of coworkers.  I enjoyed the rest of the warm weather while sipping my alcoholic beverage.

I had a much needed day off today.  The high was 64 degrees and mostly cloudy.  It was perfect weather to get my warm season seedlings outside for some natural light and a nice breeze to build strong stems.  I call it spa day for the seedlings.  These trays of tomatoes, peppers and eggplants are about 19 days old.   


5 comments:

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

OMG. 10 hour shifts? That is just crazy!!

~Holly~ said...

CCBG: Yeah, we changed to 10 hr shifts a few months ago. I like it because it's one less day I have to be there but it makes for LONG days! Esp when it's sunny and gorgeous outside!!! =0)

Annie*s Granny said...

I think my seedlings looked stronger when I brought them in tonight. A bit of a breeze and natural light certainly can do wonders for them! Let's keep our fingers crossed for many more spa days for our babies :-)

Liz said...

They are looking great. I find seedlings such an optimistic thing to watch growing - all that promise of warm weather to come.

~Holly~ said...

Granny: I think you're right. Nothing like spa day to relax and rejouvinate!!

Liz: Yes, I totally agree with you!!