CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sowing Spring Greens

Today I sowed some greens in my recycled trays from work and using Jiffy pellets.  I realize this isn't economical but I like to use them when I'm feeling lazy.  I set them out on the back porch on a rack and basically let mother nature do it's thing.  Except for watering, they require little care.  I don't have room inside the house right now with my tomatoes, peppers and eggplant seedlings still needing TLC.  The weather is mild enough now that the greens will be fine unprotected.  

Seeds that were sown:
- 1A: Lettuce-Super Jericho Organic (2012 Nichols Garden Nursery)
- 1B: Lettuce-Rouge D'Hiver Organic (2010 Lawn & Garden)
- 2A: Lettuce-Little Gem (2011 Burpee)
- 2B: Lettuce-Prizehead (2010 Ed Hume)
- 3A/B: Bok Choy-Green Delight Baby Bok Choy (2010 New Dimension Seed)
- 4A/B: Spinach-Tyee (2009 Lily Miller) 
- 5A: Mustard Greens-Osaka Purple (2010 Johnny's Selected Seeds)
- 5B: Mustard Greens-Kyona Mizuna (2010 Johnny's Selected Seeds)
- 6A: Mustard Greens-Misome (2012 Nichols Garden Nursery)
- 6B: Arugula-Rocket Astro (2009 Ed Hume)

0 comments: