CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Plum Tree Blooms

My plum tree is in full bloom right now.  It's gorgeous!!  It's loving all the nice weather we've been having.  I haven't seen very many bees though and that worries me.  

I'm a little worried the flowers won't get pollinated.  Last year it was still wet and rainy when it bloomed and again, there were no bees to be seen.  Last year I got out the Qtip to pollinate the flowers myself.  I only got 3 plums.  Grrr!   
I know the tree is still very young.  Maybe I'm just impatient.  Haha!  This year I refrained from the Qtips, but have been sure to give the limbs a little shake as I walked by.  I'm late but I also applied some fertilizer to the base of the tree yesterday.  Crossing my fingers for more than 3 plums this year!! 

2 comments:

Why I garden... said...

Pollination can be tricky at times; hope you manage to get more fruits this year. The flowers are lovely.

~Holly~ said...

Kelli: Thanks! I hope a few more than 3 plums make it this year! LOL!