CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patty's Slow Cooker Corned Beef

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!  It's been a very busy week for me.  There hasn't been much time for cooking meals at home.  I had a craving for corned beef though.  This year I did a slow cooker version of corned beef.  I was in Trader Joe's and they had a tasty sampling of their corned beef.  The Trader Joe's corned beef comes pre-marinated in spices.  

I cut up one onion and 4 large carrots and threw them in the slow cooker.  I forgot about the potatoes and celery I was going to add.  Oops!  I added 2 large bay leaves and the pre-marinated corned beef. 

I added 4 cups of water to the slow cooker and placed the wedged cabbages on the top.  I cooked it on high heat for 6 hours.
In the end I had a very tasty and perfectly cooked St. Patrick's dinner!  Happy St. Patty's Day to you!!


2 comments:

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

That looks very delicious. I think I need to go buy a slow cooker...I like the idea of slow cooking and having a great meal ready when I get back from work.

~Holly~ said...

You need to get a slow cooker! It's nice to put something in and come home to a nice hot cooked meal!!