CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Seedling Update

These were seedlings planted on March 13th.  Today they are 13 days old.  

I had these artichoke seedlings in the table without a heating mat.  I wondered if they would ever sprout.  About 4 days ago, I moved them to the windowsill where it was warm and got light.  Lo and behold...2 seedlings!!  This is the first time I've grown artichokes from seed. 

My tomato seedlings are doing well.  The peppers, tomatillos and some of the eggplant have finally "hatched".  It's always exciting to see new life!  

These tomato seedlings are putting on "weight" with new leaf growth.

4 comments:

daisy said...

I've never known anyone who grew artichokes from seeds. Very ambitious! Stopping by from TGP!

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

It always bring a smile welcoming new babies.

Mac said...

Awwww.....new babies, good luck with your artichoke, haven't try to grow artichoke yet, maybe someday.

~Holly~ said...

daisy: A friend gave me some seeds so I thought I would give it a go. I've never grown artichokes before..EVER! I hope it goes okay!

MKG: Me too!! Awww...

Mac: It's my first time with artichoke! I'm not even sure where I'll plant them. LOL!