CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Oven Roasted Cabbage

I found out this fall that I loved grilled cabbage.  I'm usually not a fan of raw cabbage but grilled, yummy!!  Since cabbage has been on sale recently for St. Patrick's Day, I bought extra.  I thought I would try to roast the cabbage in the oven.  It turned out great.  It seems I can enjoy my roasted cabbage year round, not just during grill season!!


I basically used the same concept as the grilled recipe.  I preheated the oven to 400 degrees.  I lined a baking sheet with aluminum foil.  I cut my cabbage in about 8 wedges.  I placed them on the baking sheet.  I placed a small pat of butter on each wedge and seasoned with garlic salt, fresh ground pepper, and drizzled with olive oil.  I baked them in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, then I turned the cabbage wedges over.  I cooked them for an additional 15 minute.  Then I removed them from the oven and sprinkled them with parmesan cheese while they were still hot.  The cheese will melt nicely.  


2 comments:

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

All vegetables seems to shine when you grill it. This looks very yummy and I also like the presentation of it.

What is your email address? I'd like to take you up on the offer of the tomato seeds...thanks!

~Holly~ said...

CCBG: You're right! Grilled veggies are soooo yummy!