CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Witch's Brew

I made this punch for my niece's birthday party.  She picked the Disney movie, Brave, as her party theme.  If you watched the movie, you'll know there was a witch in it.  I found this recipe online and adapted it by adding only 1/2 of the amount of sugar the recipe called for.  I can't imagine adding the full amount.  It would be way too sweet!!  


Witch's Brew
Adapted from Southern Living, October 1998
1 c. sugar
2 quarts (8 cups) water
2 (0.13 oz) envelopes lime flavored drink mix (I used Kool Aid)
1 (46 oz) can pineapple juice
1 qt. ginger ale

1) Stir sugar and 2 quarts of water until the sugar is dissolved.  Stir in the remaining ingredients.  Chill.

**For a scary presentation, place the punch bowl into a larger bowl that contains dry ice.  Add water to the dry ice to create the "foggy" effect**

0 comments: