CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 7, 2012

Pot Luck - Hawaii Style

I have tons to post but such little time.  I do feel a little guilty though after several family members commented to me that they visit my blog often only to find the same posts.  *Blush* 

Okay, a few easy posts first....

Last month, one of my coworkers left us for another job.  WAAAAHHH!!!  I was lucky enough to get to work with him on his last day.  He enjoys food from Hawaii so for his last day of work, we had a small pot luck for him.  I told him I would make him one of Hawaii's specialty....Spam musubi.  

I know if you're not familiar with our weird foods, you're probably totally grossing out right now.  Yes, we eat spam.  I don't indulge very often but when I do, it's a spam musubi! 
I make mine teriyaki style with a sprinkle of furikake.  Delicious!  He loved it!

I also made him some Korean chicken to go along with the rice.  Fried chicken is dipped in a spicy teriyaki sauce.  Yummo!  













It was sad to see him leave but I wish him all the best!  For a going away present, I gave him an assortment of Hawaii goodies including a can of spam, a spam musubi maker mold, some nori and furikake.  Hopefully he can make his own spam musubi whenever he wants!

0 comments: