CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Chia Cherry-Lime Fresca

I recently have been on a chia seed kick recently.  You can read my reasons for including chia seeds in your diet in this post.  I recently purchased a drink a Whole Foods that I loved.  It was from a company called Mamma Chia and it was their Cherry Lime drink with chia seeds.  I liked the drink but really?  I could make this at home.  It's easy and tasty!  Note that you will need unsweetened cherry juice for this recipe.  I bought this brand, L&A.  I made some in Las Vegas for my brother and he bought a tart cherry juice.  Not the same!!  Too tarty!!  Adjust the portions to the size of your pitcher or container.  
















Chia Cherry-Lime Fresca

2 c. water
1 c. unsweetened cherry juice (I liked the L&A brand)
2 Tbsp. agave 
5 Tbsp. chia seeds
2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime)

Mix all ingredients in a container and refrigerate overnight.  Serve cold.  

0 comments: