CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 7, 2012

Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts

I've been MIA for a while.  When I finally decide to come back to post I ran into a hiccup.  My Picasa storage reached it's limit and I now have to pay for storage.  Grrr!!!  

Here's an easy side dish for the cool season.  I love roasted Brussels sprouts!  I bought these from Trader Joe's attached to the stalk.  Talk about fresh!!  I usually roast these with olive oil and garlic.  This time I added some balsamic vinegar.  It gave it a nice glaze.  Yummo!


Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
1 - 1 and 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
salt
freshly ground pepper

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2) Clean up your Brussels sprouts if needed.  Peel the outer brown layers and trim the ends.  Cut the Brussels sprouts in half and rinse in a colander with cold water.  Drain.   

3) Place Brussels sprouts in a bowl.  Toss with garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.  

4) Line a baking sheet with foil.  Spread Brussels sprouts out on the baking sheet in a single layer.  

5) Roast the Brussels sprouts for 30 minutes.  Stir twice to prevent burning.  

6) Remove from oven and serve.


0 comments: