CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hatch Chilies

Earlier in August, I got my hands on some Hatch Chilies from Whole Foods.  Hatch chilies are grown in New Mexico and are heavenly!  I bought a whole case (25 pounds) of 1/2 mild chilies and 1/2 medium chilies.  I spit the box with a friend.  It was $40 for the box.  As an added bonus, they roast them for you.  
Once you get them home, the skins need to be peeled off.  I would have de-seeded them too but I was too lazy after all the peeling.  I packed them in food saver bag and froze them in the freezer until solid.  Once they were frozen, I sealed them in the bags.  I'll keep them in the freezer until I need them.  
















I've already tried a few recipes using the Hatch Chilies.  Here's some of them:
- Hatch Chile Verde
- Roasted Hatch Green Chile and Tomato Salsa

0 comments: