CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Canning Salsa

I've been busy trying to preserve the rest of the summer harvest.  I used home grown tomatoes and jalapenos.  I used half paste tomatoes and half heirloom tomatoes to make 2 batches of salsa.  I made one batch medium heat with 5-6 jalapenos (without seeds) and one batch hot by adding 2 habeneros peppers with 5 small jalapenos.  In the past I tried to make a hot salsa with just jalapenos.  It never turns out hot.  This time it had a nice kick to it! 
I ended up with 12 jars of canned salsa.  Yum!!  

2 comments:

Robin said...

Oh yum! There's nothing better then homemade canned salsa!

Rowena said...

From what I can count looking at that photo, you are going to be set for winter (and probably well into spring). No canning for me this year - so pathetic! Hopefully next year the tomatoes will grow like gangbusters and I'll be up to my arms in red sauce.