CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Smoked Salmon Dip

Mmmm....smoked salmon.  While in Alaska, you could find smoked salmon everywhere.  From refrigerated slabs of smoked salmon fillets, to frozen smoked salmon to the canned version - it was everywhere.  Rightfully so too.  Have you tried this stuff?  

I elected to buy the smoked salmon in a can.  The obvious reason was ease of packing.  But now that I have it, what do you do with it?  Try this fabulous smoked salmon dip.  It really is amazing and that good.  I made it while my aunt and uncle were here and they loved it.  It goes great on crackers and bagels.  I love smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels and this spread is even better.  I also made a batch and brought it to work.  It was gone in no time.  No kidding.  They inhaled it!  

Next time I make this, I'll experiment by adding dill (Dad vetoed the idea this time) and/or chopped capers.  My mouth is watering just thinking of this dip.  


Smoked Salmon Dip
  
















1 can (6.5 oz) smoked sockeye salmon
8 oz (1 pkg) cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 c. sour cream
2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
few dashes Worcheshire sauce
chives or green onions, chopped (I used a combination of regular and garlic chives)
garlic salt and pepper

1) Place the softened cream cheese in a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir with a spoon until it is creamy.  Add the sour cream, lemon juice, Worcheshire sauce and chives (or green onions) and mix well.

2) Open your can of salmon.  If you salmon has the skin attached, use two forks or your hands to remove the skins.  Add the salmon to the bowl of cream cheese and fold in well.  Add garlic salt and pepper to taste.  Adjust seasonings if needed.

3) Let your dip sit in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight for the flavors to blend.  Serve chilled.

2 comments:

the red headed traveler said...

I just cannot get myself to like salmon lol. For me, it leaves such a bad after taste. But what a great memento to bring back with you. I'm selective with what fish I eat although I'm headed to Portugal in a few weeks where fish is king so I better hone up ha ha.

~Holly~ said...

TRHT: Aww...hee hee, it's okay. It's a little, well, fishy. Ohhhh, can't wait for the portugal trip report!