CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Grilled Lemongrass Chicken

I love lemongrass chicken.  I order it all the time at the local Vietnamese restaurants.  I've never tried to make it at home before.  I thought I would give it a try. 

Lemongrass looks like this.  It grows just like a grass with a small bulb at the bottom.  

You use the tender white parts of the bulb to make this recipe.  

The recipe itself turned out great.  Just like the restaurants!  Grilling the chicken sends it right over the top!  It's a very quick and easy recipe.  I marinated the chicken for a few hours, worried that the lemon juice would cook the chicken if left longer.  Next time I would marinate it overnight and see what happens.


Grilled Lemongrass Chicken
Adapted from: Mai Pham's "The Best of Vietnamese and Thai Cooking"

3 lb. skinless, boneless chicken thighs
4 Tbsp. finely minced lemongrass
1 Tbsp. fish sauce
4 tsp. soy sauce
4 tsp. light brown sugar, packed
4 garlic cloves, minced
juice of 1/2 lemon
4 Tbsp canola oil

1) Combine all marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl.  Whisk well.  Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag and pour the marinade over the chicken.  Marinate for a few hours (I would do it overnight).

2) Grill chicken on a pre-heated grill, about 3-5 minutes per side.  


3) Serve with rice and a side of pickled vegetables.

1 comments:

delicious recipe said...

wow the food looks yummy