CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Freezer Finds and an Apple Cake

Along with the frozen tomatoes that I found last week in the freezer, I also found a bag of diced frozen Gravenstein apples.  Oops!  

I decided to make an apple cake.  I followed the same recipe I used last time.  The only changes I made this time was that I used 1/2 white and 1/2 wheat flour.  I also had about 5 1/2 c. of apples.  It could have used a touch more sugar but other than that, it came out okay.  Maybe a nice drizzle of glaze would be perfect this time around.  Yum!!

















**Linking up to Robin's Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard at The Gardener of Eden** 

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I love a good apple cake and yours looks delicious!

Robin said...

Boy, you are finding all kinds of treasures in your freezer!!! The apple cake looks yummy!

kitsapFG said...

Apple cake sounds delicious! That's a good use for frozen fruit like that. What else is lurking in the freezer?! :D

~Holly~ said...

wendy: Thanks! MMmmmm....apple cake!

robin: Haha, all kinds of goodies are coming out of the freezer. It's a little embarassing.

kitsapFG: Hmmm....maybe I'd better clean out the freezer to find all the stray stashes.