CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What's Bakin?: Triple Berry Crisp

After picking marionberries, we moved onto raspberries and blueberries.  I'm not sure what we were thinking by collecting all of these berries.  LOL!!

Since we had lots of berries, I decided to make a dessert of them.  I'm not a big pie person but I love crisps and cobblers.  I decided to use the three berries to make a crisp.  I changed the original recipe by increasing the amount of total berries to 5 1/2 cups.  It definitely needs more berries than called for.  I also used less brown sugar and butter and didn't miss it at all.  I found it to be perfect.  I used Vietnamese cinnamon so used only 1/2 of what was called for in the recipe.  Next time I may use a whole tsp.  This is a delicious recipe!  I love the crumble on top and bottom.  It goes really will with Tillamook vanilla ice cream (just sayin...)!  


Triple Berry Crisp
Adapted from: www.allrecipes.com (submitted by Polly Giebler)
Serves: 12-18

2 c. fresh marionberries, washed & dried
2 c. fresh raspberries, washed & dried
1 1/2 c blueberries, washed & dried 
4 Tbsp white sugar
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 c. rolled oats
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 c. butter

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2) In a large bowl, gently toss together the marionberries, raspberries, blueberries & white sugar.  Set aside.

3) In a separate large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Cut in the butter until crumbly.  Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan.

4) Cover the bottom crust with the berry mixture.  Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the berries.  Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the fruit is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.  



**Linking up to Robin's Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard at The Gardener of Eden**


3 comments:

Robin said...

I just love any type of berry crisp! I wish I had some berries right now!

Stoney Acres said...

Looks fantastic. Thank you for sharing the recipe!!

~Holly~ said...

robin: I love berry crisp too! Yummy!

stoney acres: Thanks! Hope you enjoy the recipe!