CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 23, 2012

Meatless Monday: Caprese Salad

I'm behind on my posts...AGAIN!  Yeah, what else is new.  While I sort through about a thousand Alaska photos, here's some photos I took before I left on my trip.  An excursion to the Farmer's Market a few weeks ago found me unable to resist the promise of vine ripened tomatoes.  I'm a sucker.  Mind you, these babies were not cheap.  They were, however, might tasty!  
I cut some fresh basil from the garden and bought some mozzarella cheese to make a delicious caprese salad. 


 I layered everything on a plate, dusted with some sea salt and pepper and drizzled it with good quality balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.  

















Summer never tasted so good!!  The best part was that there was some left over for my lunch the next day.  I can't wait until my own tomatoes are ripe!!

2 comments:

the red headed traveler said...

That salad looks fabulous and so simple to make! Although I do look so forward to seeing some Alaska photos too :)

~Holly~ said...

TRHT: Very simple and the best part...delicious! I know, I'm slacking. Will post soon!