CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 23, 2012

Harvest Monday 7/23/12

I'm back from my Alaskan adventure.  While I was gone, my aunt cared for my garden.  I told her to pick whatever she needed.  She says she and my uncle picked and ate from the garden.  I'm not sure what was harvested in my absence, but when I got home, there was still lots to harvest.  

This past week saw an amazing green bean harvest!  I've picked them over twice this week and they're still producing.  I also was able to harvest small handfuls of cherry tomatoes.  Hooray!!  

















I picked some baby carrots this week too.  I love how pretty they turned out!

















Despite being trimmed too late in the season, my raspberry plant has been giving off small batches of treats here and there.  My blueberry bush has been very productive this year and the fruits have been sweet and delicious!

















The kale is growing tall and will soon outgrow my hoop house.  I'll have to replant for the fall.

















Here's the second picking this week of green beans and cherry tomatoes.













Happy Harvest!!

This week's harvest totals:
- kale = 1.58 lb
- carrots = 0.42 lb
- green beans = 2.2 lb
- cherry tomatoes = 0.42 lb
- blueberries & raspberries = 1.49 lb
- basil = 0.06 lb

9 comments:

kitsapFG said...

Those really are very straight and nice looking carrots. The raspberries and blueberries look very yummy too! I hope you had a great time on your Alaska Adventure, sounds like your Aunt did a great job of caring for your garden in your absence.

Mary Hysong said...

really pretty harvest; I planted what were labeled bush beans, but I"m thinking they are pole, because they are going every where!

Diary of a Tomato said...

I'm always envious of fruit included in the week's harvest, lovely variety you have! How do you keep the birds away from your blueberries?

Susan Zentmyer said...

Lovely harvest - I'm quite jealous of your blueberries and raspberries!

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

Great harvest! Welcome back. I'm looking forward to the pictures from your trip.

Stoney Acres said...

Great harvest!! You have to love those first tomatoes of the season! I wish we could grow blue berries in our area but it's nearly impossible as our soil is very base with a PH of like 8. :(

Bee Girl said...

Your berries look divine! Great harvests!

Rowena... said...

Love that you have kale! Nice to see you back and looking forward to some alaskan adventure tales.

~Holly~ said...

kitsapFG: Last year my carrots were crooked and crazy looking. I'm glad to report that this year they were much better!

Mary: LOL! My bush beans says no staking required but they were leaning over everywhere that I finally staked them. I hope your plants produce lots of beans!

diary of a tomato: You know I've never had a problem with birds in the past. This year however, I noticed a chickadee in my blueberry bush then he flew off with a blueberry in his mouth. I guess the gig is up. I'll have to use netting next season! =0)

susan: Thanks!

CCBG: Thank you! I'm almost ready to post pics!

stoney acres: Thank you! Have you tried growing blueberries in large containers? I'll bet they'll do well!

bee girl: Thank you!

Rowena: You know me...gotta have those greens.