CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cherry Tomatoes are Ripe!

I was super excited that my cherry tomatoes are finally ripening.  I've been able to pick a couple of pints full already.  I *heart* cherry tomatoes...talk about natures candy!  I also pinched back some of my basil and harvested the tops.  Guess what I'm having for dinner?

This is one of my favorite summer salads!  You can find the recipe here.  I used the cherry tomatoes and basil from my garden along with a store bought Asian cucumber and Trader Joe's Marinated Mushrooms (love this stuff!!).  
















**I'm a little late but better late than never right??  Linking up to Wendy's Garden To Table Challenge (GTTC) at Greenish Thumb**

2 comments:

Rowena... said...

A whole lot of my datterini cherry tomatoes are still green on the vine, but every now and then I'll nab a ripe one (which immediately goes into my mouth). LOVE cherry tomatoes, all kinds, as they are the easiest to maintain. Yours look great!

~Holly~ said...

Rowena-I've never heard of datterini cherry tomatoes. Soon you'll be swimming in tomatoes!