CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Canning: Marionberry Jam

My dad, aunt and uncle are visiting.  About a week before leaving for Alaska, I took them berry picking.  It was a new experience for them and I got free labor.  Haha!  We stopped for marionberries first.  I wanted some to make jam.  Last year, the marionberry jam was hands down my favorite!  My aunt raved about it too so I wanted to make extras to give to her.    


 I didn't realize that we each had a container and were all picking marionberries.  Needless to say, we ended up with a whole bunch of marionberries!!  It was enough for 2 recipes of seedless jam and some extra berries to freeze for smoothies!  

I ended up with 14 pints of marionberry jam.  Enough to give away and enough to squander for myself!    Yummy!!  It was delicious on my toast the next morning!

0 comments: