CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Yo Gabba Gabba Birthday Party!!

Since my niece Aubrey's birthday party is today, I can let the cat out of the bag.  I had purposely held off on this post as not to steal the element of surprise at her party.  She's having a Yo Gabba Gabba themed party.  Who are Yo Gabba Gabba?  My question exactly.  Apparently they're these dudes:  
Missing on this poster is a pink blob called Foofa which happens to be her personal favorite.  My sister-in-law decided on these pails as favors for the kids.  She cut out the eyes with foam and one night we glued them to the pails.  Cute!  She'll fill them with assorted goodies.
While I was surfing the internet for more ideas, I came across a pennant banner that was super cute.  I volunteered to make one.  Pretty soon my sister-in-law and brother were also sucked into the project.  We stayed up late one night after the kids had gone to bed to make each of the 5 characters.  
Pretty cute eh??  I was pretty proud of our project.  We were extra excited when the next morning we showed the triangles to my niece and she recognized and shouted out each of their names!!  Success!!  The night before her actual birthday while she was asleep, we decorated the living room with Yo Gabba Gabba decorations.  She loved our homemade banner and was so excited to see it hanging.
Yo Gabba Gabba!!


4 comments:

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

That is the cutest thing I've seen! I hope she had fun!

genkitummy said...

cute!

~Holly~ said...

Thanks guys!! She was so excited!!

Anonymous said...

this is awesome.. where did you guys get the door poster?