CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What's Cookin?: Swiss Chard, Turnip and Daikon Greens with Bacon

I picked a bunch of turnip and daikon greens (not wanting to waste them).  I know they're a little on the bitter side but they have lots of vitamins.  I couldn't decide how I was going to cook them.  Since I had some Swiss chard to cook also, I decided to cook my favorite Swiss chard recipe with bacon!  

I used the Swiss chard stems and leaves along with some turnip and daikon greens to make the dish.
This was the perfect recipe to mask the sometimes strong and bitter taste of turnip and daikon greens.  The balsamic vinegar in this recipe gives it a nice finish.  Then there's the bacon.  Mmmm....what's not to like about bacon?
















It was delicious!!

2 comments:

Why I garden... said...

The end dish looks lovely and tasty. Nothing can beat home cooking!

~Holly~ said...

Kelli-So true!