CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 21, 2012

What's Cookin?: Guac-a-salsa

I still have a few more jars of home canned salsa left in the pantry.  I love this stuff!  


Avocados are on sale at the markets.  I decided to mix the avocados with my pantry salsa for some guac-a-salsa.  It may look less than appetizing but it sure was delicious!!  Serve with tortilla chips for a real crowd pleaser. 


Guac-a-salsa
6 small ripe avocados, depitted and peeled
1/4 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon)

1 c. salsa
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
salt
tortilla chips

1) In a bowl, mash the avocados with lemon juice.  Stir in the salsa and garlic powder.  Add salt to taste. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.


**Linking up to Robin's Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard at The Gardener of Eden.  See what others' are cooking up with their harvests!**



2 comments:

Robin said...

Lucky you! We don't have a single jar of salsa left :( This is a great recipe that I'm sure we will enjoy! I'm copying it for when we have some new salsa.

~Holly~ said...

Robin-I totally hoarded my jars of salsa!