CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 23, 2012

What's Cookin?: Cheesy Garlic Bread

Tonight I cooked dinner for my dad, aunt and uncle who are visiting.  I picked some romaine lettuce from the garden for a nice side salad.  I boiled some delicious Italian artichokes from the Farmer's Market using my favorite artichoke recipe and made a simple mayonnaise and soy sauce dipping sauce.  

We bought some large Manila clams from Costco and I made some steamer clams with a white wine and garlic sauce.  I served the clams and sauce on a bed of linguine noodles.  I also made some cheesy garlic bread for sopping up all the extra sauce.  The bread was crunchy and crispy, yet soft in the middle.  It was perfect!  I was excited that I got to use up some of my garden parsley for both the clams and the garlic bread.  I love not having to buy fresh herbs!















Cheesy Garlic Bread
Makes 1 loaf
Adapted from: www.simplyrecipes.com

1 (16 oz.) French or Italian bread
1/2 c. (or 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
about 1/4 c. (or more) freshly grated Parmesan cheese

1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

2) Cut the bread loaf in half, horizontally.

3) If your butter isn't soft, microwave in a heat-proof dish for about 20-30 seconds.  Mix the butter, garlic and parsley together in a small bowl.

4) Spread the butter mixture over the two halves of the bread.  Place them on a baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.

5) Remove the baking sheet from the oven.  Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the bread halves (I love cheese so I used more more more!).

6) Turn the oven to broil and return the baking sheet to the oven on the highest rack.  Broil for about 2-3 minutes or until the edges of the bread begin to toast and the cheese bubbles.  Watch your bread carefully to prevent burning.

7) Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool for a minute.  Slice up your garlic bread and serve!

**Linking up to Wendy's Garden to Table Challenge (GTTC) at Greenish Thumb.  Come see what other people are using with their garden harvests!**

2 comments:

Wendy said...

boy was your family in for a treat! those clams look delicious - and I'm not a clam eater! I love the way you've described the bread used for sopping up the sauce. Yum.

~Holly~ said...

wendy: They enjoyed every last bite! Now I'm craving some cheesy garlic bread! Yum!