CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 4, 2012

Meatless Monday: Shrimp and Dill Salad with Endive

I usually buy baby shrimp to add some protein to my salads.  This time I was looking to spice things up.  I bought some beautiful endive and though it would make the perfect vehicle for a delicious shrimp salad.


Shrimp and Dill Salad with Endive
  
1 lb. cooked baby shrimp
1/3 c. mayonnaise
1/3 c. celery, chopped finely
1/2 shallot, diced finely
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp dill, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
cayenne pepper to taste
endive leaves

1) Mix all ingredients (except endive) together in a small bowl.  Add more mayonnaise if the salad seems dry.  Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste.


2) Chill shrimp salad for at least 1 hour before serving.  Spoon onto endive leaves and enjoy.  

2 comments:

Why I garden... said...

It looks delicious. I would love to be eating some right now!

~Holly~ said...

Kelli-LOL! Me too actually!!