CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 4, 2012

Harvest Monday 6/4/12

This week's harvest were some of the usual suspects like lettuce and mustard greens.  In addition to crisp Jericho Romaine Lettuce, I was lucky to harvest some Freckle Baby Leaf Lettuce.
Freckle Baby Leaf Lettuce, Mizuna and Jericho Romaine Lettuce

The Freckle lettuce was so pretty!  It was almost....almost too pretty to eat. 
Freckle BAby Leaf Lettuce

This week I harvest some herbs from my deck.  I used the dill for baked Copper River Salmon.  I love this salmon!
Dill
I also harvested some chives and garlic chives for a baked potato bar party at work.  I chopped a mix of regular chives and garlic chives.
Chives and Garlic Chives






I also harvested a few heads of Red Choi this week.  Some were starting to show signs of bolting.
Red Choi
By far my most exciting harvest this week was the 2 beautiful heads of broccoli.  I tried growing broccoli last year with minimal success.  I'm so excited that this year it was a different story.  I finally harvested the heads since they were approaching 9 inches across.  



Packman Broccoli


















This week's harvest totals:
- Romaine lettuce = 0.79 lb
- mizuna = 0.13 lb
- leaf lettuce = 0.65 lb
- dill = 0.06
- broccoli = 2.68 lb
- bok choy = 1.43 lb
- chives = 0.05 lb

8 comments:

kitsapFG said...

Wow! Those are gorgeous heads of broccoli - well done.

Julie said...

Your broccoli looks wonderful and the freckles lettuce is lovely too!

Julie said...

Your broccoli looks perfect and the freckles lettuce is lovely too!

~Holly~ said...

kitsap FG: Thanks!! I can finally say I've grown broccoli!! =0)

Julie: Thank you! The lettuce is really pretty!

Allison Preiss said...

Wow! Now that is some nice looking broccoli!!!

Daphne said...

Beautiful broccoli. My heads never come out as large no matter what variety I plant. At least they give me side shoots though.

Mary Hysong said...

Oh your lettuce is a beaut! Mine is mostly gone now, just way too hot. And those broccoli are really lovely! I'm hoping my next crop looks half that good!

~Holly~ said...

allison: Thanks! It was delicious broccoli too! =0)

daphne: I had that problem last year. Small center heads but lots of side shoots. I'm happy to have had such success with the Packman variety!

mary: It's one crop I can grow well until it warms up for us. Brr...it's still chilly here in the PNW! I'm hoping your broccoli turns out fabulously!