CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Farmer's Market Finds 6/2/12

It's that time of year again.  I love farmer's market season.  This morning I made it to the Beaverton Farmer's Market.  My one mission was to buy some strawberries.  I had been to the farmer's market a few weekends ago.  I bought a 1/2 flat of strawberries to take with me to Las Vegas for the kids.  They enjoyed it.  This time, I was looking for strawberries for myself.  I was really excited.  I found my favorite ones....Hoods!!  
Hood Strawberries


















I really wasn't going to buy any vegetables since my garden is producing lots.  However I couldn't resist these gorgeous asparagus.  My favorite artichoke growers from Tillamook were also there and these pretty purple Italian Artichokes are always a favorite of mine.  I rounded off my purchases with a long daikon for only $2.  Who can resist that?  
Asparagus, Daikon & Italian Artichokes


















Lastly, it was too hard to walk away from these beautiful deep red peonies.  I love the double blooms.  I indulged in 3 stems. 















3 comments:

AnywhereEden said...

Lol, I couldn't resist the peonies this weekend either. Got a beautiful bouquet at the OC Farmer's Market. Portland is really lucky to have so many great markets and local farmers.

genkitummy said...

Those strawberries look good!

~Holly~ said...

anywhereeden: Great minds think alike!! Yeah, we are very fortunate to have such amazing growers!!

genkitummy: The were amazing!! ;0)