CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 25, 2012

Using Your Harvest

Since I've been out of town, I haven't been doing a lot of cooking.  I did manage a few throw togethers this week.  After using up my Swiss chard leaves, I always hate to waste the stems.  Last year I found a great recipe for a quick refrigerator pickle using Swiss chard stems.  I made sure to save my stems for some of these yummy pickles.

Since I harvested a lot of Romaine lettuce, I have also had a lot of fresh salads this week.  I bought a rotisserie chicken and threw together a quickie chicken Caesar salad.  I had so much lettuce (even after giving some away) that I brought 2 bags of Romaine lettuce to Las Vegas with me.  My brother made fun of me bringing lettuce in my carry on but he had no problems enjoying a chicken Caesar salad. 
How about you?  How have you been using up your garden harvests?

**Join Robin at The Garden of Eden for Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard**

0 comments: