CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 21, 2012

Meatless Monday: Swiss Chard & Leek Scramble

This week's Meatless Monday post isn't really a recipe.  It's a throw together of some great garden harvests.  I chopped up some homegrown leeks and Swiss chard and minced a few cloves of garlic.  
I sauteed the leeks and garlic in olive oil to caramelize them.  Then I tossed in the Swiss chard leaves (save the stems to make pickles!) and sauteed until they wilted.  You can serve this as a quick and easy side dish or use it as a filling for an omelet or a quiche.    

I chose to use it as a scramble.  I scrambled up a couple of eggs and added in some of the sauteed mixture.  I topped it with some fresh dill and viola.  Quick and easy but very tasty!!

3 comments:

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

Oh wow, looks so yummy...and healthy! Love it!

Wendy said...

you could write a book called "101 ways to use Swiss chard" ha ha! Another great way...

~Holly~ said...

CCBG-thanks! It's a great quickie meal.

Wendy-haha,I know. Right? I love Swiss chard. Can't help myself.