CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 28, 2012

Meatless Monday: Cilantro Lemon Shrimp

I harvested some cilantro this week because my volunteer cilantro plants were getting big.  I did not want them to bolt!  After making a harvest, I also thought it was best to pick some parsley also so that it too wouldn't decide to bolt.  After picking my herbs, I wondered what to do with them.  
I found a quick and easy recipe on Food Network by Emeril Lagasse for Cilantro Lemon Shrimp.  It calls for marinating the shrimp for 1 hour.  I ran out of time and couldn't cook it right away so my shrimp marinated overnight.  I also didn't grill them but cooked them in a skillet over the stove.  Either way, it turned out great.  The shrimp had lots of nice flavor.  I served it on a bed of freshly harvested spinach.  It made for a delicious and light salad!  


Cilantro Lemon Shrimp
Serves: 4-6
Adapted from: www.foodnetwork.com (contributed by Emeril Lagasse)

2 lb. large shrimp (about 30 pieces), peeled, tails removed and deveined
1 c. fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 c. fresh parsley leaves
6 cloves garlic
3 lemons, zested & juiced
1 Tbsp. salt
1/2 Tbsp. black pepper
1 c. olive oil

1) In a food processor, add the cilantro leaves, parsley leaves, garlic, lemon zest & juice, salt and pepper.  Process until smooth.  With the food processor running, drizzle the cup of olive oil through the feed tube until it is completely incorporated.  

2) Place clean shrimp into a ziplock bag.  Add the marinated to the bag.  Squeeze out the excess air and seal.  Refrigerate for about 1 hour to overnight.  
3) Cook shrimp by either grilling or cooking in a skillet pan over the stove.  Cook shrimp until just white.  Do not overcook.  Serve as an appetizer or a main dish or on a bed of spinach or lettuce for a nice salad.

**Join Wendy at Greenish Thumb for GTTC.  See what others' are making with their garden harvests**

4 comments:

Wendy said...

THis looks delicious and with my 2 faves - lemon and cilantro. I don't cook shrimp very often but every time I do, I realize how easy they are to work with!

~Holly~ said...

Wendy-try the recipe. It's super easy and delicious!!

ricki 'sprig to twig' said...

Sounds wonderful! I am always looking for new ways to do shrimp.

~Holly~ said...

ricki: Thanks! It's a very quick and easy dish to try!