CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Lemon Verbena Mint Tea

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there and to those watching over us from up above.  In honor of all the mother's, lets raise a cup of tea.  Try this refreshing homemade herbal tea.  This is a very simple herbal tea that I made with some mint and lemon verbena from my deck.  Below are Citrus Mint and Lemon Verbena plants.  Both are aromatic and very pretty to look at.

























I enjoyed this tea warm, then refrigerated the rest and enjoyed it on ice.  Either way, it's nice, bright and refreshing.

Lemon Verbena Mint Tea
Serves: 4

about 20 mint leaves
about 15 lemon verbena leaves
4 cups near boiling water
honey (optional)

1) Rinse leaves well & discard stems (stems of the mint plant can be bitter).  

2) Place mint and lemon verbena leaves in a teapot and pour the hot water over the leaves.  Let the leaves steep for about 5-10 minutes.
















3) Strain tea into individual cups.  Add honey to taste if desired.  

3 comments:

the red headed traveler said...

Sounds delicious. My h loves tea so I will for sure need to make this for him.

Ben Czajkowski said...

This is a great idea. A plot of my yard is infested with Chocolate Mint, and I guess I could make up some choco mint tea and see how it goes :)

Thanks for the idea!

~Holly~ said...

TRHT: I hope he enjoys the tea!!

Ben: AHA, the mint invasion! Brew those leaves up!