CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 6, 2012

GTTC: Udon Miso Soup with Veggies

It looks like once again I'm playing catch up.  Last week I harvested some Red Choi that had started to bolt.  I was going to make a stir-fry with them but didn't get around to cooking until this week.  By then, I had a case of the sneezes and sniffles.  I'm hoping it's allergies.  I had also ran out of my allergy medication.  I'm in denial that I could possibly be sick, although everyone at work seems to have a cold.

It just seemed right to switch gears and enjoy my yummy Asian greens in a nice hot bowl of miso soup.  Whenever I make miso soup at home, I always add in extras to make it a filling one pot meal.  This week I added in some udon noodles, Red Choi, daikon, tofu and a couple of eggs (soft boiled).  It made a great meal and was very comforting for my allergies (still in denial).  It was delicious!!        

















Join Wendy at Greenish Thumb for her Garden To Table Challenge (GTTC), where she challenges you to show how you've used your bounty from the garden!

5 comments:

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

Yummy! I also eat hot udon soup or rice soup when I am ... um, "have allergies". LOL. I hope you got some allergy medication and feel better!

Rowena... said...

I'm pretty much the same way (the denial! the denial!) when it comes feeling under the weather. It hasn't been helping much either that we've been having hot/cold/hot/cold conditions. Get well soon!

Wendy said...

I love a hot bowl of noodles. I had to do some test proctoring today and all those poor kids were sick. ugh. Last cold till fall I hope! I absolutely love udon noodles. Then again, i really love any kind of noodle.

takaeko said...

Wow! Adding udon noodle to miso soup is new to me though I prefer udon in hot fish broth. I believe we've never seen people who add udon to miso soup in Japan.

I recommend you add clams (Asari) to miso soup, if you can get them around you.
Soup coming out of clams can go along with the taste of miso.

~Holly~ said...

CCBG: LOL! It's a sure cure for "allergies". I'm feeling much better. Thanks!

Rowena: LOL! Yeah, I'm pretty much in denial. I refuse to be sick!!

Wendy: I love noodles of all kinds but udon miso soup seems to be the comfort food of all comfort foods.

takaeko: Hot fish broth and udon sounds delicious!! I sometimes add clams to my miso soup when I can find it. You're right. It adds just the right touch!