CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What's Cookin?: Roasted Beet and Smokey Blue Cheese Salad

I used the overwintered beets that I harvested last week to make a yummy salad.  I roasted the beets in the oven, then peeled and diced them.  I used a mixed baby green salad mix with kale as my salad base.  I added my roasted beets, smokey blue cheese crumbles, almonds and dried cranberries.  I topped my creation with a yummy balsamic vinaigrette.



























Linking up to Wendy's GTTC at Greenish Thumb.

3 comments:

Charmcitybalconygarden said...

This salad looks delicious! I love roasted beets...its amazing what roasting can do for vegetables.

Wendy said...

Sounds delicious! You know, i haven't tried roasted beets! I did just sow some a couple weeks ago, so hopefully I'll get to try someday!

~Holly~ said...

charmcity: I love roasted beets too. It's my favorite way to eat them!!

Wendy: *shock* What?? Never tried beets roasted? Girl go get you some beets!! They're so good roasted!