CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Nursery Flower Finds - Columbine, Ranunculus & Pansy

These are some flowers I recently bought at the nursery.  I really can't help myself with flowers.  They're so pretty!!  Every year I tell myself not to buy flowers, especially annuals.  But each year, I can't help myself.  I have a weakness for pretty flowers!


I've never grown columbines before but I couldn't resist these beauties.  They stopped me dead in my tracks and I had to buy two.  I hope these do well in the area of my yard that I planted them in.

Spring Magic Navy & White Columbine
















Songbird Cardinal Columbine

One of my all time favorite spring flowers is the ranunculus.  These are usually annuals but I've found that they can sometimes come back.  One plant that I planted 2 years ago has come back each year.  This year was no exception.  I've been very happy about that!



Who can resist pansies?  These were on sale so I bought a few for pot fillers.  

4 comments:

Linda said...

Pretty!! I wonder if Ranunculus can be grown in Hawaii..

Liz said...

I love columbines, even as a kid I can remember going through mums flower catalogues and it was always the columbines I wanted her to get.

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Stunning!I wish our ranunculus will come back again too.

~Holly~ said...

Linda: I'm not sure. I believe they grow from a tuber though. I wonder if you would be able to find some online. They are very pretty. They sing spring to me!!!

Liz: I love them too but never thought to grow them myself. I hope they do well in the area I chose for them. So far so good though!

MKG: Thanks!! We had a very mild winter here. I didn't trim them at all but they came back. Is your winter mild? You may try covering them with hay or something similar to help with keeping them warm.