CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Freezer Meals

Before I headed down to Vegas in March, I surfed the internet for freezer friendly foods.  There's a wealth of information out there if you're interested.  However, I had to settle on dinners that I thought the whole family would enjoy.  I picked mostly beef and chicken dishes.

My brother and sister-in-law are flexible.  It's the kids that are the toughest critics.  The oldest, Arianna, will sometimes say, "yummy Aunty" or "yucko".  Aubrey, the middle child, who is talking a little will either say, "mum mum" with her mouth open or make a face and spit it out.  LOL!  I was fortunate to cook some meals that both of them liked or one liked and the other didn't.  Oh well, you can't win them all!

Here's what I think I ended up stuffing into the Vegas freezer:
- Maple and Brown Sugar Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Turkey and Beef Meatballs
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Frito Chili Pie (Chili)
- Sloppy Joe Filling
- Baked Parmesan Chicken Strips
- Split Pea Soup
- Extra Rotisserie Chicken
- Meaty Spaghetti Sauce
- Swiss Steak
- Kalua Pork

Hopefully this lasts them a little while.  In my cooking frenzy, I didn't snap photos of everything.  I'll post as many recipes as I can.

2 comments:

scrapper al said...

Wow, if you come visit me, I'll buy a freezer for you to fill. ;) That was very nice for you to do for your brother and family.

~Holly~ said...

scrapper al: Haha! Very funny!!