CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving 2011

This year for Thanksgiving, we had a belated dinner.  Since I worked on Thanksgiving evening, I took the next week off.  I flew from Portland to Las Vegas and my dad flew from Kauai to Las Vegas.  We all met up at my brother's house for a yummy dinner.  My brother did all of the cooking.  I volunteered a vegetable and dip platter but when I turned around, my brother had already cut up all of the vegetables.  So essentially, I volunteered my appetite to the dinner.

My brother cooked quite the feast.  A lot of it brought back memories of Thanksgiving back home when my mom was still here.  He made her delicious hot potato salad and our family favorite, pumpkin squares.  My brother and I still cherish these recipes of some of our favorite "mom recipes".  My brother and I were talking and I think the last Thanksgiving he, my dad and I were all together was when I was in high school.  It's been a long long long time since we last sat down as a family.  Of course, since our last Thanksgiving many many many many years ago, we've lost a few family members but gained a few more too!  It made this Thanksgiving extra special.  So from our family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving!!  

Here's the delicious turkey.  Yummy!!

I tried to get a photo of the spread but I guess my camera only focused on the stuffing.  Haha!  Sorry!

1 comments:

the red headed traveler said...

Glad your family could all be together for the holidays. The turkey picture is stunning.