CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 9, 2011

Decorating the Gingerbread Peeps

If you read the post prior to this, you'll know about my struggles with making homemade gingerbread men this year.  It was fun making them but way funner (is that even a word?) decorating them.  The entire family (minus the 18 month year old) got into it.  We each decorated some gingerbread peeps.

We used icing (white, red, green), mini M&Ms, sprinkles of all kinds and lots and lots of imagination.  What a fun family activity!!

Here's the cooled gingerbread peeps all ready to be decorated:
My 5 year old niece decorating some gingerbread peeps:
My Hawaiian hula gingerbread peep:




The finished gingerbread peeps:


2 comments:

the red headed traveler said...

They turned out great and look so festive! I had my own struggles last night with a cookie that just wouldn't cooperate even though I followed the recipe exactly.

Wendy said...

gorgeous!!