CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Frommer's Top Destinations for 2012

Bay of Fundy, Nova Scotia from www.frommers.com















Frommer's has come out with their Top Travel Destinations for 2012.  Those mentioned this year are:
- Bay of Fundy, Nova Scotia
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Chongqing, China
- Curacao
- Fukuoka, Japan
- Ghana
- Girona, Spain
- Greenwich, London, England
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico

This year, sites were also chosen for specific reasons:
- Top Adventure Destination: Moab, Utah
- Top Beach Destination: Hanalei Beach, Kauai, Hawaii
- Top City Break Destination: Chicago, Illinois
- Top Cruise Destination: Tromso, Norway
- Top Endangered Destination: Aysen Region, Chile
- Top Family Destination: Great Smoky Mountains National Park, North Carolina & Tennessee
- Top Food & Drink Destination: Lima, Peru
- Top Destination to Get Lost: Whitsunday Islands, Australia
- Top Value Destination: Albanian Riviera, Albania
- Reader's Favorite: Turkey

I love reading Frommer's list each year.  It inspires me to add more cities and countries to my bucket list.  This year I was excited to see some of my own bucket list top destinations on their list.  Some of my "to-do's" are Turkey, China, Lebanon, Spain, Chile, Peru and Australia.  It was very nice to see some places that I've already been on the list also (Japan, London, Yucatan Peninsula).

I was also extra excited to see Kauai voted as the top beach destination.  Although I would have voted for another Kauai beach, it's just exciting to see our little island make the list!  Hooray!

My bucket list is really long but I'm chipping away at it, one vacation and one country at a time.  What about you?  What's on your bucket list for places to see and visit??  

2 comments:

the red headed traveler said...

Too many to count lol! The list only grows each year. Turkey, southeast Asia, and a safari in Africa (Kenya or South Africa) are at the top of my list. I was also happy to see some places I've already been on the list.

Rowena... said...

And which Kauai beach would that be? Being from the westside, I have to say Polihale (which, by the way, we didn't even have time to go to!), but yep it's nice seeing Kauai on mentioned no Frommer's.